Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year! Intuitive Insights for 2016

In my last article, I talked about the Solstice and a few of the practices I love to do at this time of year.  I take advantage of the long nights to go within and reflect.  I dance, I paint, I read Tarot.  This year, Universe even had the sense of humour to send me the flu to make sure I took time off and rested - gee, thanks Universe!

I never know what my paintings will look like, what colours will be prominent, and what the message will be.  I just tune in, pick up my brushes, paint and see the result unfold - at the same time I receive messages from my Higher Self and my Guides.  This year, I was quite surprised that the colour scheme was so bright and yellow, although the night sky is on the baby's cloak whereas it was the main colour for previous years.

Here's an overview of my paintings - and of my spiritual evolution - since 2012 (from left to right, top to bottom).  Do they resonate with you, too?



So, what are the messages for 2016?

I am looking forward, and at the same time am a little bit nervous (ok, I'll admit I'm a little scared!) of what this year will bring.  Why?  Because it's brand new energy - and we can't embody this new energy the same way we've been living with the "old" energy.  This is the year of being born again and although this is very exciting with so many new opportunities presented to us, it also means we need to learn to surrender to the Divine.  Since the Solstice, I received many messages that the Divine is ready to support and nurture us as we grow and transform -- but we need to accept this help through the act of surrender.  And damn that's a tough thing for me to do!  I'm more often than not in my head, planning, thinking, learning, holding back mentally until I know it's safe to proceed...  Allowing myself to be taken care of is new and very foreign, and I'm not sure I'm going to like it; at least that's what my head says.

Since 2012, many of us have been hearing the call to change.  Many of us have actually made significant changes in our lives, on so many levels.  For me, it was quitting my government job to start my spiritual work full-time.  For others, it was ending relationships, changing jobs, trying new spiritual practices, dealing with emerging health issues...  It felt like a lot was happening, yet at the same time everything was on hold.  You could feel the great potential, and yet the time was not quite ripe yet to get the anticipated results. Can you relate? Well, the time is now.  What was on hold will unblock.  What you have sowed these past few years, you will harvest. No wonder I had a bit of the flu and stayed in bed for almost 3 days, sleeping.  My body was resting from all that journey and getting ready to embody this new energy!

When I look at the series of paintings, I clearly see the evolution from feeling lost, making my way "home", finding the portal and taking a whole year transitioning through, ready to manifest magic and miracles... and now having fully arrived but wrapped up and needing to be taken care of as I grow in strength and wisdom.

Notice that the blanket has 11 stars along with the Triple Moon on the crown, and look at all the guides shaping up to receive us and help us grow!  This year, we are asked to grow our awareness of, and our relationship with our Guides and spiritual mentors, and especially with the Goddess.  This year, we are asked to consider ourselves as apprentices to the Divine - and this means discipline, focus, and application of our spiritual tools.  We need to find the help we need to understand and apply our spiritual gifts.  We must take the time to meditate, to look for signs, to ensure we are energetically aligned with what we do.  We must be vigilant about our own self-sabotaging and aware of our patterns of resistance, so that we can stop those behaviours and become more receptive and open to Spirit.

Notice also the prominence of the colour golden yellow.  This is a masculine colour and it vibrates with the Solar Plexus Chakra.  It is a joyful colour, and it stimulates us to action.  It is the colour of the Divine Masculine, our power centre, our time to shine and to say, "hey, world, here I am, and I'm ready to shine so I can happily serve for the highest good!  I'm ready to contribute my gifts!"

This year, we will likely be presented with many challenges to help us balance our feminine and masculine energies.  We need to cultivate our ability to listen to our spiritual insights, AND implement them.  We need to rest AND take action.  We need to surrender AND keep journeying forward.  We need to seek how to serve the highest good AND ensure our own true needs are met.  We might travel AND cocoon.  We need to find the help that is required for us to fulfill our soul's mission.  Our actions will be questioned; our lifestyle might go topsy-turvy; we might experience ups-and-downs of radiant joy and heavy resentments and anger...  Ah! Transformation!

In numerology, this year resonates with "9" (2+0+1+6=9).  This means we are at a year of completion.  Many cycles will come to a head or to an end.  You will see the results of your efforts and work from the past 3 years.  It's a year of karma where you will experience the consequences of past actions and decisions.  You don't like what you see?  Don't blame others/society/your upbringing...  see where you can take responsibility for your own actions and choices, and plan to do something new and better for the next cycle.

The more we resist the changes, the more difficult life will be.  If you can develop your resilience through meditation and mindfulness, then it will be a year of extreme growth, learning and transformation.  You get to choose how you will experience this new energy!

How?  Here are a few ideas:

  • Often, when we go through a big transformation process, we don't feel like moving.  There is the risk for weight gain and health issues linked to a sedentary lifestyle.  When we don't move our bodies, our emotions and thoughts can't filter through our energy field; instead, they stagnate.  Our body becomes unable to hold on and embody the new energy, and we become sick or depressed.  For your overall wellbeing and for your spiritual development, consider sticking to an exercise routine.  It doesn't need to be complicated, but make sure to get a good cardio workout on a regular basis.
  • New thoughts and perceptions have a hard time germinating in a stiff body - so stretch your body every day!  Stretch mindfully, affirming that as you stretch your body, you also stretch your ability to receive new insights, or to embody new energy.
  • Practice a few inverted poses, like downward dog, and keep your eyes open as you do so.  See the world from a new angle; it will help sharpen your mind and creativity!
  • Open yourself to new experiences.  Try new foods.  Try a new haircut or colour.  Change the route you take to work or to the grocery store.  Buy some fruit or veggie you never tried before, and taste it.  Join a new social group or volunteering organization.  It will destabilize your taste buds or your routine for a short while, but will do you much good by teaching you about how you can handle change.  Your resilience muscles will be strengthened!
  • Consider taking classes and workshops that will hone your spiritual skills.  Find a mentor or two.  I offer a wonderful coaching program and amazing classes and workshops.  I'd love to journey with you.  Click HERE to explore your needs and how I can best support you.
  • Want to clear old karma and patterns of choices that aren't serving your highest good?  Consider booking a Soul Profile & Realignment session, where we'll explore your soul's matrix, your gifts, and clear some old negative stories your soul has been holding on to.  


I am surrounding you in Love, and wishing you much Joy in this new year.  Remember to be very gently with yourself this year - great changes and great possibilities are available to you, but it's all about the baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment